Many believe that pressure washing is a simple process using simple tools. Although some of the misconceptions are common, they are not correct.
Here are some of the common misconceptions:
Pressure Washers are All The Same
This is completely untrue. When you use a discount contractor, it is likely they are using inferior equipment. As a result, they must use much higher pressure to achieve the same results.
When a contractor uses too much pressure, they can cause a lot of damage.
- Mildew and Mold can build up in places where high pressure has forced water behind siding.
- Penetrating wood sealers causes damage and marking to wood surfaces like decking and benches.
- The life of a roof can be reduced by loosening the grit on shingles.
Pressure Washing is Easy, Professionals Aren’t Needed
Another common misconception. Amateur pressure washing can cause the quality of work be diminished, property damage, and injuries.
- Pressure washing from a ladder is dangerous without proper training and precautions.
- If vinyl siding is washed from the ground, water can be forced under the siding causing mold and mildew.
- Even the cheapest pressure washers are able to produce too much pressure, causing damage.
Plants and Animals Will Be Hurt
Doing it yourself or hiring a discount contractor can cause damage to plants and animals. This isn’t a problem when using Clean Sweep.
- Clean Sweep only uses environmentally friendly solutions that are compliant with the EPA and CWA
- Animals will not be hurt by our solutions or drainage water.
- Plants are sensitive. Professionals rinse plants with fresh water before and after cleaning.
It is Time to Replace the Roof
Your roof looks black or has black streaks. You may believe it needs to be replaced. In many cases, this is not true.
- Gloeocapsa Magma is a type of algae that develops on asphalt shingles.
- Left untreated, the algae feeds on the crushed limestone in asphalt shingles.
- If algae is not removed, it will reduce the life of a roof, and its ability to insulate.
- Pressure washing can stop the damage that is happening, while preventing future damage.